“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Brady is such a big boy now!!!

When we started school this year I tried so hard to get Brady to sit down and do activities with us but he was not interested at all. So I just let him be himself and play once in awhile he would color but nothing to hard. So since we started back up after Christmas he has been telling me "I wanna do school too!!" So I started off easy with letter coloring sheets, then we made some letter books I found online, but today he has shown me how grown up he really is.

We started the letter B this week and he knows his name starts with "B", and I thought that was it. Boy was I wrong, I made him a sheet with the letter B on it and I glued it to some blue construction paper when I sat him down and gave it to him he told me "Mom blue starts with B too!" I was so shocked and happy because I did not think he was really remembering things, that he was just coloring and having fun with me.I realized that pushing him less and letting him learn on his own time has really proven to me that kids really do learn at their own pace and no one child is any smarter than the other they just learn at different speeds.

I am so proud of how patient he was today, his activity was to glue beans on his letter B, I didn't think he would really sit to long, and maybe he might just dump out the beans and say he was done. But he sat there for about 30 minutes placing his beans one by one and he was so happy when he was done and couldn't wait to show Daddy when he got home form work!!
Starting off, he even colored his B brown :)
30 minutes later he is still hard at work.
All done what a good job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment