“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How we made learning about cells fun :)

So last week and this week in science we have been learning about cells, and what they are made of, and how they work together. I was trying to think of a fun activity for Lilli and Andrew to do to help them learn more about the cell. Then I remembered making an edible 3D cell in 6th grade so we decided it would be fun for them to make a 3D cell of their own, Andrew decided to make an animal cell, and Lilli made a plant cell. I let them decide on what materials they were going to use and just let them have fun I think they came out really good. They had a blast working on them this afternoon, and by the time they were done they new all the parts of the cell :)
Andrew and his Animal Cell
Lilli and her Plant Cell

I think it is funny how much of their own personality shows in their projects!!! I think days like today make me so glad that we have decided to homeschool!

No comments:

Post a Comment